[NTLK] Newbie & lurker here

From: Mac User (jerry7171_at_sio.midco.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 09:55:57 PDT

Hello everyone,

I've just recently joined this list to learn more about the Newton
since I just purchased the 130 model. I wanted one years ago but the
price made it far beyond even considering purchase back then. Then,
Apple turned around and killed it off.

Imagine my surprise recently when I found this devoted community
keeping the Newton alive and vibrant, but as up-to-date as possible
too. Wow, talk about 'think different.'

I have a Handspring Visor, but it recently bit the dust. It was a good
PDA, but I wasn't crazy about the tiny screen (especially since I
mainly used it for reading ebooks I download from groups). I can't
wait to fire up my 130 when it gets here and give it a try. Ought to
be easier on the eyes. Not to mention the coolness factor since a lot
of people on the street don't seem to be familiar with it anymore.

Thanks everyone!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html