Re: [NTLK] Trash on OS X Was:Problem with nsync

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 10:40:37 PDT

on 15/04/03 12:39, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On dinsdag, apr 15, 2003, at 18:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Bog Rat wrote:
>
>> 'm not to sure as to what to do with this problem, a file called
>> nsync.dmg 2.gz is embedded on my desktop, the error:
>> <>
>> Preparing to moveto trash:
>> The item ~ is being used by another task right now. (Other tasks
>> include moving, copying or emptying the Trash.)
>
> Sometimes it's hard to get stuff deleted in OS X, there are several
> utilities in case you have these kind of problems.
> I use BatChmod but take care if you use it, it has quite a few other
> powerful features. If you just use it for trashing you won't have any
> problems though...

I'm using myself iCan. That's the best thing next to the trash on the
desktop in Mac OS 9. It really shows when something is in the trash. My
synchronization tool on OS X has the ability to move files and folders to
the trash and only iCan is updated. Even the trash in the Dock doesn't show
that something has been trashed! It also has a force empty which I find
useful sometimes...

-Laurent.

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html