[NTLK] Never before seen pictures of an MP2x00 LCD module!

From: Calvin (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 08:07:24 PDT

I must admit that this is a bit of a tease, because I'm not thrilled at the results. Must spend less time tinkering around in the basement lab....

However, I thought I'd share with the Newtontalk community: I've posted pictures of a "Palm III - like" LCD enhancement. I "extracted" a layer of the classic Newton MP2x00 LCD, and replaced it with a material similar to what is used on the old monochrome Palm III series. The interesting thing is what happens when yuo turn on the backlight - a white EL blacklight in my case.

www.adago.net/LCD.html

--Calvin
Clearly Newton

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html