Re: [NTLK] Upgrade Lucent Silver to Gold

From: Daniel Smith (dsmith_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 16:52:25 PDT

>>If you've successfully upgraded a Lucent Wavelan Silver card to Gold, please
>>contact me off-list.
>
>It would be appreciated if the comments can be on the list too
>please. I am also interested in upgrading my Lucent Silver.

The original website is no longGer availible. Some french company that seems to have changed their business plan.

<http://www.paris-sansfil.net>

(I can barely speak German, and my French is useless)
French speakers, (Go Canadians! Viva la Frenchies, I luv em!) may be able to decipher the message on the site.

I did a little digging with the Google Cache - and found this.

<http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:bBFtIWx8b7QC:www.paris-sansfil.net/index.php/UpgradeSilverToGoldMacEn+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8s is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries

YMMV, but have fun.

Basically, the Apple AirPort 2.02 upgrade will override the settings on the Lucent/Orinoco firmware, allowing the software to offer enhanced security.

You take your Lucent card, plug it into the AirPort slot on your G4 desktop or iBook, run the AirPort 2.02 software update. Then shutdown (halt) the computer, remove the card and you have a 'psuedo-gold' security card.

Enjoy!
-dj

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html