[NTLK] Extreme newbie basic questions here

From: Mac User (jerry7171_at_sio.midco.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 22:32:44 PDT

Hello everyone,

I am a 'green' newbie, fresh to the Newton platform. I have some idea
of the capabilities of the Newton, but I'm largely still in the dark
when it comes to getting my Newt and my Indigo, slot-loading iMac (OS
10.2.5)to communicate.

Obviously there aren't any serial ports on my iMac, hence the first
question...how do I connect my iMac and the Newt?

Any particular software titles that come to mind that would be good for
getting basic communication between my iMac and my Newt that run in OS
X without the need to revert to Classic (since I ditched Classic a long
time ago)?

Is it practical or possible to wirelessly get onto the Internet with a
MP 130? If yes, what should I be looking for?

Anything anyone can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jerry Fisher

We all may be laying in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at
the stars.

Oscar Wilde

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html