Re: [NTLK] [OT] TiBook wireless range (compared to Newton)

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 20:28:55 PDT

on 18/04/2003 3:50 PM, Jens Baumeister at jensbaumeister_at_web.de wrote:

> The exact steps are outlined here:
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5648
>
> I just tried it, and it really works. I used to have zero signal
> strength in my bedroom, now it's at 3/4 or sometimes even full
> strength. Color me impressed.

Thanks, Jens. I think it worked for me too. Average signal strength seems
to be up about one bar, and my connections are much more stable. Still not
perfect (e.g., not as good as the PC card in the Newton), but very usable.

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions. I love this list! And I didn't
even get flamed for being OT.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html