Re: [NTLK] [OT]Mac ADB to Mac Serial

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 08:37:20 PDT

on 4/20/03 2:34 AM, Ben Sanford at dethl_at_gamebox.net wrote:

> This is slightly off topic, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make
> an ADB to serial (mac) connection?
    Even if you could get a serial to ADB converter, I doubt this would
work. I'm sure the ROMs in the two keyboards are very different so you'd
need an ADB driver of some kind for the Newton. Also the ADB keyboard needs
to take power (I'm not sure how much) through the port and that would kill
battery life.

> espically since I'm not in the mood to shell out $40+ for a
> newton keyboard
    It is a good little keyboard.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html