Re: [NTLK] best way to clean stylus?

From: don porter (don.porter_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 01:06:28 PDT

The best way to take care of a damaged stylus tip is with a hammer. Remove the stylus tip from the stylus body. Place on cement. Strike with hammer. Get a new stylus.

At Apple we spent a great deal of time getting the correct finish on the stylus tip so it would not scratch the tablet. Don't sand it down.

Once you have a piece of metal or grit stuck in the tip it is difficult to remove. The grit can scratch or worse, crease the screen. Get out the hammer.

If you use a aftermarket stylus the tip was more than likley made on a screw machine. Pratice safe newtin, ware a comdom.

Newton gear head.