[NTLK] Help! My Newt won't Sync to anything anymore.

From: Karl and Kathleen (kapri_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 10:51:17 PDT

I don't know what has changed, it used to work. I am using an ethernet
Apple Talk connection between my 2100 and my G4 running OS 10.2.5.

I can't even sync with Claris Organizer through the dock. It gets
about half way through and then gets hung up on the same entry. I
deleted that entry and now it gets stuck on another. After about 30
seconds the Newt disconnects and aborts the operation. When I try to
load a package the Newt disconnects immediately. The dock recognizes
the Newt and knows that it is connected.

I tried to use NewtSync but it can't handle repeating events (and I
have a lot). It will complete the process, but it only shows the first
day of a repeating event in iCal. (Plus iCal is not very good for
business use, yet)

I tried Escale with no luck. Escale sees the Newt and tries to sync,
but the Newt quickly quits and Escale stays connected thinking that it
is syncing. I tried loading a package and Escale crashed, everytime.

I tried Newtourage once, but it did not like my repeating events
either. The trial has since run out so I can't try it again to see I
did something wrong. I tried to reinstall the software, but it still
remembers me. I don't want to buy it if it is not going to work for me
properly.

I did a hard reset (push button on back and hold power switch. I
pressed yes to delete data) and reinstalled everything, still no luck.

Please, please help! I use this for business and really need to print
out a calendar, this is a VERY busy month.
Thanks,

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html