Re: [NTLK] eMate memory upgrades (was: My Impossible Requests)

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:45:52 PDT

On 24.4.2003 at 15:20:59 PDT, Daniel Padilla wrote:
> >If it was just two layer, then I could get ExpressPCB to make them for
$62
> >for nine boards. However, I think that Daniel is right. The vias that go
> >nowhere are the most obvious sign of that.
>
> Yep, that and the fact that it's not translucent.

Well, there is that, but I've seen some boards that I'm sure are only two
layer that I couldn't see through. I don't know why, but I couldn't.

> >So nobody has information on the DRAM chips? That makes it rather hard to
> >make more of these boards, since without the chips, we can't use the
> current
> >design and without at least the pinout of the current chips, we can't
> design
> >a new board that uses more readily available chips. Surely there must be
> >datasheet somewhere.
>
> The first and second chips in this page will work:
>
> http://www.micron.com/products/datasheet.jsp?path=/DRAM/EDO+FPM
>
> Or Samsung KM416C1000BT-6. Or hitachi M5M4V16
>
> The voyager can use both FPM and EDO dram chips.

The problem is connecting them properly. A conductivity test on the memory
expansion board would help a lot in that area. That way, we would at least
have an idea as to where all of the signals go. We would also need to know
the values of the capacitors around the chips.

> D.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html