[NTLK] [ANN] Lots of updates

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 13:31:18 PDT

Here you go:

- NHttpLib is now at version 3.0. I added a "Fetch URL" transport to the
Inbox app. You can use it to download URLs. The data can then be put
away later by supporting apps. One example is downloading MP3 data from
a web server and putting it away to MAD Max. The web server has to send
a content type and content length to make this work!

- IC/VC 0.2.2 has now import capabilities for vCard, iCalendar and
vCalendar. Note that this still alpha quality, meaning that it works for
data which conforms to the respective RFC's. Don't throw garbage at it,
it'll throw it back immediately! Data can be imported via the Put Away
feature of the Inbox, downloading data can be via IrOBEX or the Fetch
URL transport. IC/VC controls merging/overwriting of new and old records
via a preferences panel in the Inbox, make sure it is set to something
non-destructive. And remember to take backups.

- Raissa is now finally at version 1.0.3. I added initial support for
NetHopper (sub-page links don't seem to work) and fixed a layout bug

- Nitro is at 0.3, most changes are to the OBEX layer. It now puts
objects larger than 30k into a VBO to allow downloading of large
objects. I'm still trying to figure out some of the more puzzling bugs
(e.g. Raissa working over PPP with a T68i, but Newtscape not).

- MAD Max 0.9 now understands MP3 data in the Inbox (put there by the
Fetch URL transport). There as to be at least one file already on the
Newton before this works. Also, there are reports of playback being
severly truncated, I'm looking into that as I can now reproduce it.

Note that as soon as you upgrade to NHttpLib 3.0, you also need to
upgrade all programs that use NHttpLib (NHttpLib Test, Raissa and MAD
Max from me.)

All that and more at http://40hz.org/

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html