Re: [NTLK] iPod mutates!-still *just* a digital walkman

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 14:47:34 PDT

> One word:
>
> Stealing.
>
> Marty

Do you work for the RIAA nazis?

I, for one, am tired of paying $8+ of my hard earned, heavily taxed,
health insurance-depleted, and tightly stretched funds for the crap
currently on the airwaves or on the silver screen. I am sick and tired
of paying a very-inflated $20 for a CD with one decent song on it. Or
paying (wasting my money) for a heavily-hyped movie like Daredevil or
90% of the other craptastic flicks sucking you dry at the local "theater"!

Besides how much money do the artists really get after the record labels
take their cut? They make their money from the shows they give. The
labels are little more than pimps, bitch-slappin' the legislators so
they can get they mo-nay. Talkin like they are eatin beans and rice like
me, like they can't pay their bills, cuz some dude put his collection on
the net. These guys are BILLIONARES!!! And because they make the
proverbial fat cash, they push their weight around Districtus Corruptus
and get the little people thown in the clink, so they can make another
$20 off my sorry a$$.

Apple can chew on my yinyang. I want faster computers that can keep up
with the win-hosed boxes, a tablet PC competitor to replace the Newton,
and a copy of iDVD that will work with *external* DVD burners. Instead
we get the next *big* thing: a Napster for $$$ service and a hard drive
walkman. Once again, APPLE disappoints.

Yeah, the new iPod can play AAC files, but can it play mods, or let you
surf the net, or check your email, or actually enter text in the "Notes"
app? It is still just a pretty digital walkman.

[deep breath]

OF course, that's just my $.02

-Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html