Re: [NTLK] Escale

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 15:12:33 PDT

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 12:47 PM, David Mills wrote:

> m trying to get Escale to work on my iMac X.2.5 and MP2100. I have a
> Keyspan adapter like the developers but cannot get the thing to=20
> connect via
> serial. The icon of available interfaces doesn=92t show as active even=20=

> though
> it is selected in preferences.

I'm having a similar problem attempting to use Escale through a=20
wireless lan card via appletalk and airport (tcp/ip not used, module=20
not installed). The connection is made, Escale sees and ids my newton,=20=

my newton dock sees the mac and offers the three default choices, all=20
seems well. But when I try to synchronize, nothing happens to either my=20=

address book or my names on the newton. The Escale interface on my=20
iBook says its synchronizing, but my newton says: waiting for response=20=

(of, if i initiate the sync from the newton, it says, "backing up").=20
Nothing else happens. I finally stopped it after ten minutes, and=20
nothing seems to have changed on either machine -- no sync occurred.

Is there something else i need to do to set Address book to sync=20
through Escale?

Additional info: i have palm conduit installed to link with the address=20=

book. could that be impeding the sync?

Thank you.

Ed Humes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html