Re: [NTLK] iPod mutates!-still *just* a digital walkman

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 20:02:07 PDT

> I don't know about you but I already own a few songs myself and would
> have no problem filling my ipod if I tried. I have about 500 songs on
> it and only a small percent were tracked down via Limewire.

I filled out my CD collection quite nicely (and legally, more or less)
during what a friend of mine likes to refer to as "The Great Barnes and
Noble Land Grab," when the online store had just opened up and was
offering a series of $10-off-a-$10-purchase digital coupons. (I must
have set up about a zillion free iTools mac.com email accounts to take
advantage of them all.)

Some day, I look forward to using this example when I explain to my son
what the heady pioneer days of mass e-commerce were all about. (That,
and my "Urban Fetch" hat.)

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html