Re: [NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Mac User (jerry7171_at_sio.midco.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 23:28:14 PDT

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the tips...I followed them but still, so tantalizingly
close, but so far away.

I've checked to make sure Appletalk is on, file sharing is on, and I've
followed the rest. Just on the hunch that maybe some stray old data
from the last owner might be causing the problem, I did a hard reset.
That had only one slight change.

While there is no visible change between either the Newt or the iMac,
I'm getting a message box from the iMac saying it can't initialize the
Stealth serial port as its being used. This happens when I plug in the
Newt via the serial cord and start up NCU. So something is happening,
but I don't know what.

I've tried several times over the last couple of days, but no dice.

I guess half the fun of this is the search for the working connection,
but it is getting a little tiring too. I'm betting there is something
so elementary that I'm overlooking that is causing the connection
problem, but darned if I know what it is.

Thanks!
Jerry

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html