Re: [NTLK] Help: Newton Press changing platform (greyscale)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 22:14:06 PDT

I don't know about the Mac, but on the PC, you need to
upgrade Newton Press to Version 1.1
There is a free upgrade pack for this.
If you don't upgrade, you cannot do greyscale.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Chris Chapman <pan1k_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Open Newton Press, Click "Edit" then choose
> "Preferences". Look at the
> platform you are developing this for. Make sure MP
> 2000
> Landscape/Portrait is selected then you can have the
> 4 bit images. If
> you can't select it, re-download Newton Press from
> UNNA, I had to boot
> into 9 in order to install Newton Press. HTH,
>
> Chris Chapman
> LANUG
> www.lanug.org
>

> On Monday, Aug 4, 2003, at 14:04 US/Pacific, Gary
> Ritchie wrote:
>
> > I just figured out why i cannot create images with
> 16 shades of grey
> > for Mapper on my 2100: In Preferences the only
> Platform i can select is
> > Classic which i assume is for the original Newts
> that support only
> > black and white.

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100