Re: [NTLK] Correcting Newton temperature

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 22:43:57 PDT

My Newton server is also wrong when it comes to the
temperature.
http://npds.tek-ed.com
A quick look shows it is 86 degrees in my server room.
Well, I have the AC on and I know that it isn't a
degree above 77. So, I guess it depends on the Newt.
My other Newt says it's 77...Plus, I have two other
thermometers and they all agree within half a degree.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> with the current heat in Western Europe, I was
> looking at the
> temperature my web server unit gives. It says 36.86
> C. I took the
> thermometer and it's rather 29 1/3, although maybe I
> should wait a
> little bit for it to reflect the temperature on my
> desk (still, it's
> quite hot for 7 in the morning).
>
> I was wondering if anyone tried to make a relation
> between Newton
> temperature and real temperature. If this relation
> is stables through
> time, if it is linear or some easy to compute
> relation, etc. It would
> be fun to actually correct the temperature. It seems
> to really depend
> on the Newton since my other Newton says 29.57 C
> (very close to
> reality).
>
> Paul
> --
> Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur
> rendez-vous.
>
> NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
> Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100