[NTLK] Can't Find My Newton 2100 ...! :o(

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 08:31:28 PDT

Greetings.

Subject line says it all: I can't find my 2100. It's been missing
for a month!

I didn't panic at first, because I rarely take it out of the house
(especially since my batteries are in dire need of Frank Grundel's
refurbishing talents), so I thought I had just misplaced it in the
house. Now the possibility is one of my sneaky relatives may have
taken it out of the house and -- dare I say it -- sold it to some
low-life pawnshop guy.

On the plus side, I registered it (I think!) with Apple.

On the minus side, I have *no idea* what the serial number is ...!

The question: How does one check this info on Apple's site? ... and
(more importantly) how does one check to see if my Newton's serial
number showed up in a pawn shop via Apple's site?

Thanks in advance .....

--Glen "Newton-less in Seattle" Warner

(Okay, so I'm not entirely Newton-less; I have an eMate (dead
battery), a 130 (dead battery), and a 120 (no battery)! :o( Worse,
they all died in the same month ....).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html