Re: [NTLK] MP130 + NiCD Battery Problem

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 17:38:29 PDT

> Ok. Is it possible that the batteries need to be calibrated?

No. That's not possible.

>battery out (while plugged in to AC power) and it says charging.. i put

>the battery back and then it says battery.... i don't get it! :(

Don't worry. This is just plain ol' operating system stupidity. The
130's operating system has a severe problem with noticing any
battery-related changes. For example, I have NEVER yet seen a 130
that properly showed the end of a charge cycle. Whenever you
query the os it says "trickle charge".
What makes things worse, the 130 always says battery unless
a rechargeable pack is installed and it it in the mood to recognize
it. It even claims to be powered by alkalines if the main batteries
are altogether missing.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html