Re: [NTLK] "Timeless 130" take two

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 23:25:38 PDT

The RTC (Real Time Clock)is a separate circuit which is able to run on the
backup-battery of the MP 130 as well.
That the clock is running some times and some times not may be caused by
instable oscillations of the crystal.
But normally this should be in conjunction with changes of the power supply
voltage (i.e. having the ac adaptor connected, operating from battery,
operating with removed battery pack -> from the backup battery).
I would try to leave the Newt on the ac adaptor overnight to see if the time
is still correct on the next morning. Then I would fully charge the
batteries and try the same on batteries over night.
The next test would be to remove th ebatteries so that the Newts RTC must
run from the backup battery.
If you then can repeat this error you should replace the backup battery.

Another option would be to replace the crystal on the logic board.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html