Re: [NTLK] VPN for Newton?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 11:37:32 PDT

Spike Anderson wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to the list. I'm a prospective MP2x00 owner.
>
> Does anyone know of any VPN support for Newton? I've looked though the
> archives, and it doesn't seem to have come up yet this year. :)

There isn't anything like that in existence.

> Furthermore, does anyone know if it's even possible?

Sure, anything is possible. But given the current state of encryption
methods available for the Newton (I've only even seen Blowfish and DES), and
the lack of interest (this is the first message I've ever seen about it) it's
unlikely that someone would actually implement IPSec or even MicroSoft PPTP.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html