Re: [NTLK] Correcting Newton temperature

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 14:20:00 PDT

Hi Paul.

The pc card modems in the Newt. usually generates some nice heat patterns.
But the temperature readings are very close to ambient temps. if the Newt.
is just exposed to the environment.
I've checked the temps. in reg. LA temps. to the very cool temps. at the
top of Halakali(10,020 ft.eval.) to the frigid tundra at the Arctic Circle,
the Newt. in five min. was pretty accurate. But the Newt. was too hot to
touch when left in a car with day temps. in the 100o+F.
------------------
>Hello all,
>
>with the current heat in Western Europe, I was looking at the
>temperature my web server unit gives. It says 36.86 C. I took the
>thermometer and it's rather 29 1/3, although maybe I should wait a
>little bit for it to reflect the temperature on my desk (still, it's
>quite hot for 7 in the morning).

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html