Re: [NTLK] MP2001 Backlight/Screen Replacement

From: Chunky (chunky_at_trideja.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 18:34:56 PDT

I originally purchased 50 bare MP2100's from eBay (no accessories,
just the doors) back when massive lots were still available. That was
about a year ago, shortly after buying the lot I cleaned out my local
Apple dealer's stock of Newton accessories, bought a few other lots
of parts and put together complete Newton kits and then sold them
off. Now, I'm left with almost a dozen bare MP2100's. I have no
accessories aside from a few odds and ends which I intend to keep for
my own quartet of minty-mint MP2100's. The remaining MP2100's range
from units that Damien Batstone and a few others have bought from me,
to some that are downright grungy but function perfectly.

I've made my money back on the initial investment for the 50 MP2100s
and the accessories bought afterwards. The units for sale now are the
leftovers, the price may seem low, but it isn't much higher than what
I originally paid for them. Some have had parts swapped into them to
replace broken or worn parts, but I doubt you could tell that they've
been disassembled. Some non-functional units have been gutted for
parts, so I have a very small selection of the small parts that go
inside the Newt.

My last message to David (as you can read below) was sent to the
NewtonTalk list by error, it should have gone directly to his private
mailbox. My own mailbox has since been flooded by a few dozen people
asking if they can have one, too. I'm sorry to say that I simply do
not have enough for all. The fairest thing for me to do is to sell
what I have to the first people who replied to my unintentional
public posting. I posted a "for sale" message several weeks back, but
only received a couple of replies of which only two eventually bought
a unit each. I've since been replying to people who publicly express
an interest for a Newton, or parts for one. I'm a lurker... For me
to write a long post such as this is a rarity.

So... to those that replied first, I'll get to you in due time. To
the others, expect to find a form letter in your mailbox sometime
soon.

- Claus T.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html