Re: [NTLK] Palm Desktop -> Newton synch error

From: Tom McDougal (tmcdougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 05:43:40 PDT

On July 30, 2003, Gary Ritchie wrote:
>"The operation was not completed because the following error has
>occured: Unable to access file. Verify that the file is closed, you
>have enough disk space, and that the device is not write locked."
>This is the error I receive when trying to sync my Newt to to either
>the original Organizer file or a copy of my Palm organizer file in the
>NCU folder.

Another user described the same problem almost exactly a year ago.
And, even though I have successfully synched to a Claris Organizer
file in the past, I was having this problem today.

I did two things, and now synch works:
   1. created a new, empty *Claris Organizer* file (not Palm), and set
the synchronization preferences of NCU to use that file.
   2. set the minimum memory for the helper application COrgAE2 to
3000 kb of memory. (COrgAE2) is in the IntelliLink folder in the NCU
folder).

Now I'm having a different error, but only when synching dates:
"Could not complete import/export operation"

Sigh.

-Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html