[NTLK] OT: Sony Clie UX40/50, Decuma

From: Tobias Strohe (tstrohe_at_jgjohnson.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 09:49:49 PDT

Dear Listessas/Listas,

I have been a Newton MP 2100 user for a couple of years now (MP130 prior
was my first PDA). I am growing weary of the future problems with
repair/replacement options available for the Newt and while enjoying
Paul's ATA driver etc. I would like to improve communications with other
hardware/synching with Outlook (because that's what our office uses) et
al. The reason why I haven't moved to a different platform yet is the
handwriting recognition. I am not a great typist and I simply love
taking meeting notes and importing them into MSWord later. I today
stumbled upon the Sony Clie UX40 and 50 and in a review article it
mentions "Decuma", a new handwriting recognition mode. I think graffitti
is worthless for taking realtime notes and was wondering whether anybody
has checked out "Decuma" and has comments/frist impressions, etc.

TIA,

tobias.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html