[NTLK] Stolen Newton Recovered!

From: F. Edward Barrett (feb_at_traverse.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 09:46:01 PDT

Well, if that doesn't just beat all.

About a week and a half after I posted my Stolen Newton Alert message, I received
a call from the long-term parking lot where I lost it. They informed me they "found"
my bag in one of their shuttle vans! I never took it out of my car, so I'm assuming
they finally got it charged enough to power on and were presented with the password
screen which listed my name and phone number. Why they would return it to me rather
than try to pawn it is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. It was shipped back to
me in a laundry detergent box slightly less than twice the size of the Newton+bag
with no packing material, so I'm lucky to still have a functional machine.

Anyway, the moral of the story is never leave your Newton alone, and for gosh sakes,
set a password!

Thanks everyone,
Ed

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html