Re: [NTLK] Brand New MP 2100's - NEW PRICE

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 15:17:42 PDT

Since Apple discontinued the 2100 prices have dropped and I too think that
$650US would be to high a price. That said, I was one of the people that did
buy it brand new and I for one don't regret spending the money. The newton
2100 that I bought from the Newton Store in Toronto cost me around $1300CDN
with taxes or around $900US. A lot of money but it saved me from buying a
real portable for almost 3 years. I use it all the time and is still a great
machine. I like others have tried other pda's, in my case a palm pilot (dead
with a brocken screen), a Psion (one of my son's uses it) and I also have a
Jornada 548 that I use all the time also but mainly for viewing cadd files
in the field and reading books. The jornada will open files off the cf card
that my Canon digital uses. Now if I had a program for the newton that could
open and display autocad files I would be set. I do read books on the Newton
but sometimes the size is a disadvantage. I still have a OMP, a 110 and 120
that various people use.

When I bought the Newton I got the leather case for it and shortly after
that I bought a keyboard and a second interconnet plug. It was replaced
through Apple a couple years ago and no problems since.

Depending on how he is shipping it may not be too bad a price (courier ?)...

Larry Zasitko