Re: [NTLK] advice

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 09:27:08 PDT

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 09:21:56AM +0100, David Mills wrote:
> Should I take the guts from the 2100 and put it in the 2000 but keep
> the new screen and enclosure? I am not happy at the risk of this major
> Newton surgery!

A little care and patience will get you to where you can do this easily.

Start using the 2000 now, as though it were your only one, and start
poking around inside the 2100. You don't have to do much, just open it
up and look at it, and see where things are connected together, unplug
things and unsecure parts, then put them back. go a little further each
day. By the end of the week, you'll be fine to swap the motherboard on
both units.

--
"The bullets are just his way of saying 'Keep it down, I've got a
hangover.'"