Re: [NTLK] advice

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:52:13 PDT

David Mills wrote:
> Also, what I am noticing is that the 2000 performs extremely well
> compared to the 2100. I have lots of apps installed on the 2100 and all
> my data too, however I have just transferred the important stuff to the
> 2000 via beam (half my apps and all my data) yet the 2000 seems
> quicker. Stuff Im not using on the 2100 is frozen also.

There can be two reasons for this, either you're running out of heap
(comparable to RAM in a desktop) or you have fragmentation.
For the heap part: If you're not freezing rarely used packages get
Freeze Utilities here: http://www.standalone.com/newtonos/index.shtml
In case you're already freezing stuff and don't have that many packages
if you're the careful type), wipe you're Newt (without the card
inside!) and restore all your data.

All this can also be found in the FAQ, link at the bottom of this
message...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html