[NTLK] PT100 and wireless

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 10:22:52 PDT

The PT100 developer replied to an e-mail of mine regarding problems I
was having with the program and my wireless connection. He says that
they never did any testing with a wireless card, so he didn't have much
to suggest. On the subject of SSH, he repeated that he would give up
the PT100 code to anyone who wanted to modify it to do SSH and then
split the shareware fees with whoever could do it.

So, anyway, I'll turn my original question back to you guys. Has anyone
here had experience using PT100 with a wireless card? On my eMate, I
can connect, but the connection is insanely slow (a good 4 or 5 seconds
between typing a character and getting an echo at best) and constantly
disconnects for no reason. Internet connection is otherwise great on
the eMate, signal seems strong. If I connect to this particular host
from a desktop machine I have no problems.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html