Re: [NTLK] Newton Press pictures on a windos box

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 20:33:09 PDT

The best way I found to create an image in a newton
book is to use the Word template that came with NP.
It's called press.dot and it is in the templates
folder.
Open this in Word and paste your image as a graphic.
If your Word application is set up correctly, you can
then click on the image right there in Word and edit
it. I use the template to size the image and crop it
so it fits the template. I then greyscale it(4bit) and
save the word document as an RTF. I then drop the RTF
onto NP and there it is...all ready to turn into a
Newton book!
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Andrei Chichak <acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net> wrote:
> Oh, I just found out that if I print the page with
> the pictures (to a
> generic HP laserjet hosted by NT server) the images
> come out just fine.
>
> So the problem seems to be just the display of the
> pictures on the Newt,
> not in NP and not when printed.
>
> Andrei

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100