[NTLK] pt100

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 17:17:29 PDT

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 06:20 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

>> I've had a linux box to telnet to and then I made a restricted account
>> on my OS X machine & enabled telnet, both work, but still I have a
>> mind-numbingly slow connection that disconnects randomly.
> i cant explain the speed issue, and i havent really followed this
> thread
> but:
> -do you have the latest driver from hiroshi-san [you were using
> wireless
> right]?

Yeah, latest driver, registered.

> -are you aware that pt100 automatically disconnects after 5 minutes
> until registered??

Yup, it gives you a warning. This is an unexpected disconnect, usually
with a negative error code before hand. The disconnects aren't as bad
as the general lag, which is reeely bad. Are there any pt100 settings I
should be futzing with? NIE workaround is turned on. I'm pretty sure
it's not the wireless card since Simplemail downloads pretty speedily...

also, I put Pine on my iMac, anybody here a unix-head enough to know
how to configure it to get mail from a POP3 account?

I'm waiting with baited breath for Mr.PCBman to make those eMate
upgrades...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html