Re: [NTLK] How reliable is NCU via incramental backup?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 13:47:22 PST

Thanks to all for the info. Sorry for the delay in response, I have been
busy the past few days. Newtonguy, I agree that one should copy the file,
which I do before I do a backup. And you are right then it does a full
backup. If you leave the backup file in the backups folder then it will do
incremental and ask you what you wish to backup.

Peter, was there any indication when you backed up corrupted info? I was
thought that if NCU runs into corrupted data it will just abort.

Laruent, that is what I heard before (at least some problem with
incremental backups but never heard exactly what). Hmm guess I will stick
to full backups.

Johannes, umm you mentioned that your program files are stored on your Mac
so therefore don't need to be backed up. But with my version of NCU I don't
have a choice on what I want to backup unless I do a incremental backup.
And yes I agree that backing up via memory card is more convenient and
faster, I don't have the card to spare currently. Oh wait a second you
mean when you backup with the card you don't select the packages and only
data. Yes with backing up via a card I would do the same thing (if I had
the card to spare).

As for Ethernet, nope I don't have that. I do have a wireless card however
it is linksys (revision B if I remember right) that is not currently
supported by the wireless driver.

Again thanks to all who responded. I guess I will stick with what I am
doing.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html