Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #641

From: john reeve (john_reeve41_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 11:51:01 PST

Hi Jeffery,

Are you running slowdown? I find that if I try to
install large packages the connection will often drop
if I'm not running slowdown.

Slowdown is a PC program which you need to have
running when using NCU. Depending on the speed of your
computer you may need to run several copies (I find
that 3 copies work on a 1Ghz machine). Also, make sure
that speed is set to slowest on every copy running.

You can get slowdown from UNNA:

http://www.unna.org/unna/windows/slowdown.exe

Hope this helps,

John.