Re: [NTLK] Deleting More Info

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 12:21:16 PST

If you just want to kill the more info preferences use prefcleaner by
standalone or trashcan. They should both be on UNNA. But I would suggest
reinstalling the MoreInfo Preferences package first, and then taping it and
under data (last on the list) you will find "remove all more info data".
Tap that (this will remove all extra data from your names, dates, todo call
info that MoreInfo put in). Then remove the preferences package and use
prefscleaner or trashpak to delete all the MoreInfo preference files (there
are several btw).

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Hi,
I have been using More Info for its trial period. I prefer & purchased
Dateman however. What do I need to uninstall to remove the MI references in
the Dashboard items list and the annoying reminder I get about the trial
period expiring? I assume it is a soup thing but am welcoming of your
expertise. I have deleted all packages, but the website clearly states that
even doing this keeps the preference intact; this I want to get rid of.

What is my next move?

Thanks

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html