Re: [NTLK] Viking 20MB Flash Card

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 19:25:13 PST

So true David
For me it is not a total loss as an extra Flash card is useful.
Others should be aware of this issue with Viking cards.
I called Viking technical support and was told that the card is capable
of writing at 5v. I cannot always trust the clarity of my memory but
it seems that modern devices can detect this capability and switch its
default 12v to 5v. For me this is useless information even if true,
but perhaps some of our skilled programmers could do something with it.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html