Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data from one Newt to another...

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:55:50 PST

I'm connecting the MP 120 2.0 to a Windows XP Laptop so I can back up my
120's contacts to restore them to both my 130/2100. I tried IrDA from
the 120 to the 130, but it puked after one contact. My laptop has no
serial port only USB, so I bought the Belkin adapter to connect. I see
the Newton "pinging" the laptop, but there is never a response. The
Belkin adapter has link/transmit/receive lights. Also when I configure
the ports in NCU I see the adapter respond to the commands, so I know
that both devices are able to hit the Belkin.

For hoots, I tried the MP 130 and the result is identical. I don't have
my MP 2100's dongle with me or I would try that as well.

Regards,

Paul Curtis