Re: [NTLK] 802.11b on 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 08:24:09 PST

On 10/12/03 11:00, "Steve Meyer" <meyerst_at_uwstout.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hey, I'm a newbie and want to know if it's possible to use a Orinoco
> Silver in a 2100 and communicate directly to a base station (Airport or
> Linksys AP) rather than only Computer to Computer (AdHoc). I read
> somewhere that Hiroshi Noguchi's (Driver.Labo) driver only supported
> Computer to Computer/Software base station connections. I would also
> like any info on what files/O.S. level is needed to do wireless. And
> finally, what Web Browser...and does it have the capability to enter
> text into fields on the page (like logging into Hotmail, etc) via the
> stylus?

Check the FAQ <http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/>. Also check the Newton
Ethernet Resources <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/>. You can also
search the NewtonTalk archive at
<http://marc.10east.com/?l=newtontalk&r=1&w=2

That should get you started...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html