Re: [NTLK] Newton Mentioned (Badly) in MacAddict

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 07:12:21 PST

On 11-dec-03, at 15:54, john reeve wrote:
>> I also can't understand why the G4 Cube got added to the list. Does
>> anyone know why it was considered a failure?

Looks like we're talking business failures here, and they all were.
That said, I have quite a few Newtons and a Cube as my main computer,
(80 GB 7200 rpm, 1 GB RAM, 800 MHz) terrific hardware to use...

> I think the reason it was considered a failure was because there was a
> problem with the casing - some machines case's started to crack. Shame
> cos that thing looked cool as you like.

Apparently there were never cracks but a lot of people bought them for
the design first and didn't expect moulding lines on the casing.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html