Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data - This is a nightmare!

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 08:37:58 PST

I have all FIFO Buffers disabled, I also turned off all flow controls,
when I say all, I mean all serial ports as I jump from one to another
trying to find a combination that works.

There is one behavior that is baffling me, when I fire up NCU it finds
the correct port, then I always check the configuration in NCU to see if
it changed the speed from 38k to something slower. Sometimes it does
change it to 9600 and when I click ok to leave the screen, NCU gives me
an error that that port is currently in use and to make another
selection. To limit conflict during this process, I shut down all
programs and tsr's so that I'm running a clean OS (well as clean as a
Redmond OS can be...), so there is no other device that could possibly
be using any of the serial ports.

AS for the slowdown.exe I had three running at full slowdown, it was so
slow in fact that my lowly MP 120 was faster by multiple factors, so I
don't think this problem has anything to do with speed.

Completely baffled here, I'm going to be in Arizona in January, any
fellow AMUG'ers willing to look if I'm still not connected?

Regards,

Paul Curtis