Re: [NTLK] MP120 connecting

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 14:43:39 PST

OK, I can reliably and repeatedly connect the Laptop w/XP to my MP 120 -
YEAH.

I can install packages, but what I can't do is Backup my MP to the
Laptop. What happens is that the process begins and I get plenty of
traffic showing on the Belkin for both TX & RX for about 3 seconds, but
then the process fails, the error from the MP says that there was a
communication error (-1), then NCU crashes as soon as I try to
manipulate it and ties up the Comm port. I have done this with and
without Slowdown.exe and I have connected with both Serial and Serial
9600 - Windows.

I'm beginning to think this is a serial error on the laptop side. Having
no other computer to try to troubleshoot this makes it more difficult.

Thanks to everyone during my troubles,

Paul Curtis