Re: [NTLK] Newton Mentioned (Badly) in MacAddict

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 04:41:36 PST

on 12/12/03 12:05 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> The weird thing is that nobody ever complains about the same lack of
> expandability for the Powerbooks...

That's because PowerBooks have one feature that the Cube lacks--portability!
My PowerBook can go just about anywhere, and has gone many places, and
doesn't (didn't) need power to do so. Cube is tethered...

Besides that my Pismo has a PC card, two FireWire, two USB, monitor output,
internal modem, Ethernet, S-video, stereo in, stereo out... Has a CD-RW,
DVD/CD, easily swappable hard drive, takes a gig of ram (sort of) and I
forget what else... That's pretty expandable. :-) Granted, much, if not most
of this is true with the Cube, but as a desktop, it wasn't so simple as
other desktops...

Of course, none of this really matters. The truth is, people didn't buy it.
Whether it was the right computer for them, they didn't think so, so they
sat on Apple's shelves. PowerBooks fly off the shelves. ;-) <tweet, tweet>

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland