Re: [NTLK] Nethopper error message

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 20:43:41 PST

In a previous message, mikes_newton typed vigorously:

>This error occured on webstandards.org, which
>is written in XHTML. I can get to NewtonTalk.net
>just fine.

Have you tried any other XHTML-based sites with NetHopper? NewtonTalk.net
is HTML 4.01 Transitional, so that may explain why it worked better.
Webstandards.org works fine in Newt's Cape (which is shown in the screen
shot in Zeldman's "Designing with Web Standards" book, as well as in
Courier.

>The screenshot was from Grant Hutchinson's Newton. I
>was going to email Grant and ask him if I could use
>one of his screen shots in a course I am teaching
>entitled 'Constructing Usable, Accessible Web sites'.

If you're still needing assistance, I'd be more than happy to help.

>WebStandards.org was the first one I tried. I couldn't
>get to any other XHTML sites.

Try this XHTML Strict version of the NPDS site that I have been working
on and let me know if you have any more luck.

http://npds.free.fr/test/

You can try my Compunabula site (XHTML Transitional) as well:

http://www.compunabula.com/

Both of these sites are accessible using Courier and Newt's Cape. I don't
currently have NetHopper installed, otherwise I'd try it too.

g.

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html