Re: [NTLK] Newton Life Span Question

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 16:59:58 PST

I can't truly say how long one will last. However, my MP100 (bought
new, I guess about 10 years ago) is still here and works fine (although
it is relegated to my drawer of old computer hardware). My MP130 (also
bought new, only about 5-6 years old) has worked fine and has gone
through three users -- me, my son, and my wife -- and now is in the
same drawer with my MP100. However, it still works without a hitch. I
am currently using an upgraded MP2000 (thanks to J&K Sales) which was
purchased used. I expect it will last until the 2010 bug hits ...
although I would love to see it replaced with a newly developed Newton
by Apple (a dream, I know).

Patrick Jendraszak

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html