Re: [NTLK] nSync date problems - close to anarchy....

From: Nowhere Man (nowhereman77_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 14:19:45 PST

John could probably talk more intelligently to most of your issues. But
a couple things to remember when using nSync in general...
- each time you sync, you will only pick up Newton items that have been
modified since the last sync, unless the specific plugin tracks its own
sync date, which the dates plugin does _not_ do. To force everything to
come over you should reset the "last sync date" in nSync's general
settings panel.

- Recurring iCal events seem to cause the most problems. You can check
up on known bugs on the sourceforge page
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/newtsync/)

- As for the disappearance of our patched Dates plugin, if you have
nSync 0.3m, the patch is not needed. The _only_ thing our patch did was
make the dates plugin that came with nSync 0.3k talk to iCal 1.5.1. As
of 0.3m it is obsolete and that's why we pulled it from the site.

Glass Onion Software
http://homepage.mac.com/nowhereman77/hacks/

Nowhere Man, Cheif Geek
nowhereman77_at_mac.com