Re: [NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 09:10:40 PST

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:19:52 +0100, Robert Benschop wrote:
> Apart from that, I have a t68i with a Bluetooth headset and a Bluetooth
> USB 'dongle' for my Cube but no card for the Newt yet, guess I'll start
> looking come January.

You might want to pick up one of the cheap (~30 euros) PICO cards from
ebay Germany.

> Just wondering what I will be able to do with it
> though, already have a Wifi card (which is faster I presume)

I do not notice that much of a difference, the applications on the
Newton are more the limiting factor. MP3 streaming might however be
difficult.

> so what
> advantages will it have apart form the (much appreciated ;-) added geek
> factor?

I like it mostly for sending stuff back and forth, as well as the lower
power consumption. And I now only need one card for network
connectivity, no matter where I am (using the desktop or the cell phone
to get on the net).

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html