Re: [NTLK] World in Figures extraction

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 14:00:12 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Rehorst
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] World in Figures extraction

>Dan wrote:
>
>> Yes that is a SRAM card for sure. Mine however is a ROM card, and I only
>> have the one "sticker" that says the world in figures. That was
obviously
>> done by apple as the sticker is original and looks exactly the same as
mine
>> (from what I can tell from those pictures).
>>
>> Hmm the only serial/part numbers I have is A3A2 -C H on the one side of
the
>> card. I am not sure about the last letter though as these are very faint
>> and not printed on the plastic but rather engraved and very poorly at
that.
>> And since it is ROM I doubt that EEUnprotect would work (drat).
>
>Indeed, I think that ROM stores are handled differently altogether from
>linear flash and SRAM.
>
>Another way to copy it would be to dump it with some special code on the
>Newton or on a Linux box... I'd be curious what CIS info is encoded on a
ROM
>card.

I figgured as much. It acts differently, for instance you can't select a
ROM card item in the extras drawer via checkmark. If you try, a error pops
up "Couldn't do that, the data is of the wrong kind" or something like that.

As for dumping it, if someone writes the code I will dump the card and share
(as long as it won't fry my newton or card heh).

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html