Re: [NTLK] moving soups-corruption

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 14:06:58 PST

All I can say is backup everything before deleting anything. All my
troubles (discussed about two weeks ago) came from deleting a large file
(1.5Mb) on one of my CF cards. You'll know things have gone awry when
you can't route things or cannot backup. By then it is too late. Backup
first, you can always restore it if things go wrong.

Nate

Dan wrote:
-> With all the talk of corruption lately, what can cause it etc. I
have been
-> wondering, when one is moving a soup from internal to card or vice
versa via
-> extras/soups/ folder icon, what is the chance for corruption? And if it
-> happens would one know right away (aka error message) or could it
happen and
-> you would only find out by going through the data and seeing if
everything
-> was intact?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html