Re: [NTLK] [OT] Behind the Times

From: Matthew Reidsma (matthew_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 16:35:00 PST

On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 06:50 PM, Len Cole wrote:
> As for the phone, I did have one in the early 80's but when I moved
> back to my home grounds in Western New York, I declined to get a
> phone, since I live by myself and either lived near work or didn't
> need to be contacted by my employer when I wasn't at work. And of
> course, there would be absolutely no reason to call myself at home,
> would there?!
>
> Also, anyone who needed to get in touch with me knew how, and anyone
> who couldn't get in touch with me had no business doing so!
>
> I haven't owned an automobile in 24 years and I don't own any other
> form of motorized transportation, either. (Yes, I am licensed to
> drive.)

Len, you are officially my hero. My wife has always found it odd that
my Newt never leaves my side, but I hate the phone, cars, and
television. I'm glad to find someone else in the world that doesn't
wholly embrace technology but doesn't want to throw the baby out with
the bathwater!

Matthew Reidsma
matthew_at_reidsrow.com

http://newtonnews.org : One stop shopping for the Green connected mind.