Re: [NTLK] Thoughts on using the newton for large creative

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 22:42:59 PST

on 12/18/03 7:28 PM, RAParker at RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET wrote:

> I like the auto-expand macro feature too, but that forward slash gives me a
> helluvatime. With my writting style, the slash key gets misinterpreted as
> some other various stroke. I know that "Up and to the Right" is more
> accurate, but I just cant seem to break my habit of going "Down and to the
> Left."
>
> I use the ">" (greater than symbol) after macros sequences because it
> reminds me of a command that says "expandthisnow>" I've also found it's
> sometimes hard to remember ALL my macros I've created so, being consistent
> on how I define them (i.e. 2 or 3 easy letters and ">" symbol) has been a
> big help.

Good ideas there. The key that is important here is what you said, "With my
writing style" ... These expansions should be customized to work with and
for you. I confess that I'm probably partial to the dot commands of WordStar
from ages gone by. I couldn't get the "dot" part to work, so thought of the
forward slash, and yes, I forgot to mention that it is best to make that
slash going up and right rather than down and left--although, having said
that, I have good results drawing it the "old-fashioned" way most times. :-)

I just hope our discussion has encouraged someone to try these wonderful
little shortcuts. :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland